For Kids and Teens
What's happening @ the library?
- Calendars for Children's and Youth events and programs
- Download or print a PDF list of May and June Youth Activities at all locations
Where can I find homework help?
Complete list of WCPL Databases - These databases are available at home or in the library. Log in with your WCPL library card number if required. Below are two that offer useful information for students.
- EBSCO - This is a collection of databases that contains several useful resources including Searchasaurus and Kids Search for younger kids and Student Research Center for older students. (note: if Searchasaurus, Kids Search or Student Research Center links are broken, access site via EBSCO main page.)
- LearningExpressLibrary - Here is a database containing learning centers for elementary, middle, and high school offering extra practice with lessons, sample tests and test prep, and study help in your favorite subjects.
The Lexile finder: Find the Right Book for You! Enter your Lexile measure, select your interests, and find books you'd like to read! Called "Find a Book Kentucky," the idea behind The Lexile Framework for Reading is simple: if we know how well a student can read and how hard a specific book is to comprehend, we can predict how well that student will likely understand the book.
How can I get ready for college?
- GoHigherKY - This database with links to KHEAA to help plan for college, select a college, and learn about resources to pay for college and the National Application Center to access hundreds of online admission applications for colleges and universities on XAP's National Application Center.
- LearningExpressLibrary - Log on to Learning Express and practice for the ACT, SAT, AP, and other placements tests.
Where can I find books or stories online?
- Download FREE eBooks and audiobooks from WCPL.
- Watch videos of Screen Actors Guild celebrities reading entertaining, engaging children's picture books at Storyline Online.
- Watch Barnes & Noble's Online Storytime.
- Read folktales, fairy tales, tall tales, myths, legends, magical tales, and sacred stories, plus original fables, humor, and historical fiction compiled or written by author Aaron Shepard.